Among the most important considerations when starting a small business is deciding on who will provide your small business accounting services.
After you have determined what product or services your business will provide, chosen a name, decided on your business structure and how you will attract customers, you will need to decide how to track the success of your new venture. Accounting is how you track your business.
If you are like many new business owners, you may do not have a strong background in accounting or bookkeeping but it is one of the most important things you will need to become comfortable with, and you need to do it quickly.
When you decide to contract with someone to provide your small business accounting services, I suggest these are the most important issues to consider. Choose a firm that
- Is familiar with your industry. Although it is true that all businesses have many similarities, it is also true that each industry has its unique needs so you will want to choose someone who has experience in your industry
- Has the ability to provide both bookkeeping services and full service accounting. This makes record keeping seamless
- Does both general and tax accounting. This will save you time and money at tax time.
4. Provides free initial consultation. You don’t want to be charged for deciding who you want to work with.
5. Can provide both on site and off site service. As you grow, you may want them to provide a bookkeeper for you or at least recommend someone.
6. Is responsive. If they get don’t get back to you on a timely basis before you choose, the odds are good they will do the same once you become a client.
7. Is located within 50 miles of your office and certainly in your same state. Tax and other laws vary greatly from state to state and you don’t want them learning the difference in state laws on your time.
When you ready to choose your accountant, please contact us. We are A&B Accounting and Business Solutions, LLC located in Deerfield Beach, FL . Our number is 954-596-9966 or email Alicia Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org